Well I’ve eventually got the site up and running on a new server. After configuring a newer machine with a LAMP installation on a Debian8 OS at the end of last year, I tried to export the old database and import it on the new site. Unfortunately without much success. The old site was not structured that well (I learned a lot since it started 😊) and needed a lot of correction to get it to work well, so I decided to build it again from scratch (lots of copy/paste). The last few days have also been a bit stressful as after going live I had some problems with the Apache web server crashing. Traced it to some PHP errors inherited from the old site, god knows how that ever worked as it did. Anyway, still a little fine tuning to do but hopefully it should perform a little better than on the old machine.